- A full week of stimulating, interactive discovery of the tools, practices and theory of coaching and mentoring and how to apply these in your life and work.
- Part one of a suite of four modules in a professional coaching training programme. Can also be taken as a stand-alone course.
- Receive a certificate on successful completion of the course and additional coursework.
As well as learning how to use a range of coaching tools and strategies, the course takes you on a journey of growth in self-awareness and skills essential to coaching. This course is for those interested in developing their coaching skills for workplace settings, those wanting to improve their career prospects, or as the first step towards a new career as a professional coach.
ILM are market leaders in leadership and management qualifications and the UK’s largest coaching and mentoring awarding body. Wise Goose is an ILM Recognised Provider. The week-long initial training can be supported by the following additional assignments to deepen the learning experience and embed your new skills:
- A learning journal
- Evidence of required coaching hours, including a client and feedback log
- Assessed coaching sessions
- A written personal definition of coaching, exploring your values, beliefs and attitudes
- An online ‘strengths’ questionnaire, with analysis and reflection
- Successfully completing these assignments, within a recommended six months (including delivering four coaching sessions), leads to a certificate of completion by the ILM. With enough interest, Findhorn College intends to offer the full Professional Programme leading to an ilm Diploma in Coaching in 2018-20.
I find I can now meet others from a more real and loving place. And I guess I also developed a quieter confidence in my own spirituality. What a wonderful experience!Phil, Leadership Coach and Mentor
Excellent course. I would certainly recommend it to others. A great grounding and foundation in coaching – really looking forward to doing more courses with this CollegeLiz, Diploma in Practical Spirituality & Wellness
Helen has been coaching and mentoring at senior levels for over 20 years. She is an International Coach Federation Certified Coach and a registered psychotherapist. She holds an MSc in Responsibility in Business Practice and is an affiliate of Exeter University’s Centre for Leadership Studies Professional Network and a partner of Gameshift. Helen is the founder of Wise Goose School of Coaching.
Lady Diana Whitmore
Diana, a residential long-term Findhorn Ecovillage community member, holds an MA in Education and has founded and directed two successful charities over a thirty-five year period, and having practised psychosynthesis (positive psychology) over 30 years, has designed and delivered professional training in the fields of business coaching, psychotherapy and counselling and youth work.Diana is Director, Scotland for Ecologia Youth Trust and is the author of two books, Psychosynthesis in Education: A Guide to the Joy of Learningand Psychosynthesis Counselling in Action.
Diana is founder, Co-chair and trustee of the Psychosynthesis Trust. For twenty-five years she was Chairperson of the Trust, Joint Chief Executive, Head of Professional Courses and a Senior Trainer and Supervisor in psychosynthesis. Having practised psychosynthesis (a branch of positive psychology) for 30 years, she has trained professionals throughout Europe, and consults on research and development of new projects in psychosynthesis. She is on the UKCP National Register of Psychotherapists, a BACP Accredited Supervisor and a founding member of the Association for Accredited Psychospiritual Psychotherapists. She is the author of two books, Psychosynthesis in Education: A Guide to the Joy of Learning and Psychosynthesis Counselling in Action.
- £1,200 (Minimum price)
- £1,300 (Support course development)
- £1,400 (Support the work of the College)
Price includes six nights’ room and board at the Findhorn Foundation, ILM certificate endorsement, five days (35 hours) training, course materials, learning support and assessment (a further 20 hours of practice and reflection time required), acceptance to Wise Goose Advanced Programme on satisfactory completion.