- A 6 days of stimulating, interactive discovery of the tools, practices and theory of coaching and mentoring and how to apply these in your life and work.
- Part one of a suite of four modules in a professional coaching training programme. Can also be taken as a stand-alone course.
- The course carries the Association of Coaching ‘Accredited Award in Coach Training’ and is endorsed by the ‘Institute of Leadership & Management’.
- On successful completion of the course and additional coursework you will receive a certificate showing that you have attended a training course accredited by these two bodies.
As well as learning how to use a range of coaching tools and strategies, the course takes you on a journey of growth in self-awareness and skills essential to coaching. This course is for those interested in developing their coaching skills for workplace settings, those wanting to improve their career prospects, or as the first step towards a new career as a professional coach.
The course carries the Association of Coaching ‘Accredited Award in Coach Training’ and is endorsed by the ‘Institute of Leadership & Management’. On successful completion of the course and additional coursework you will receive a certificate showing that you have attended a training course accredited by these two bodies.
The 40 hour initial training is supported by the following additional assignments to deepen the learning experience and embed your new skills:
- A learning journal
- Evidence of required coaching hours, including a client and feedback log
- Assessed coaching sessions
- A written personal definition of coaching, exploring your values, beliefs and attitudes
- An online ‘strengths’ questionnaire, with analysis and reflection
- Successfully completing these assignments, within a recommended six months (including delivering four coaching sessions), leads to a certificate of completion by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
- With enough interest, Findhorn College intends to offer the full Professional Programme leading to a Diploma in Coaching in the future.
Wise Goose is offering taster sessions:
Join one of their regular ‘Steps into Coaching’ sessions for a friendly, informative introduction to the field. Learn more about what coaching is, what it takes to become a professional coach and have a go at coaching and being coached. These sessions will give you an opportunity to explore whether coaching is for you.
Upcoming dates in 2021:
- March 20th on-line 9:30 am to 12:00 GMT FREE Discover Coaching’ session
- July 1st
- September 25th
Places are limited and fill quickly; booking is essential. Reserve your place on our Eventbrite page.
These events are facilitated by Wise Goose Director Helen Sieroda. Don’t worry, there’ll be no hard sell, just a genuinely warm welcome. We look forward to meeting you!
On-line: These courses takes place on-line via Zoom. You’ll need a device that can run Zoom and as quiet and private a space as possible from which to join us.
I find I can now meet others from a more real and loving place. And I guess I also developed a quieter confidence in my own spirituality. What a wonderful experience!Phil, Leadership Coach and Mentor
Excellent course. I would certainly recommend it to others. A great grounding and foundation in coaching – really looking forward to doing more courses with this CollegeLiz, Diploma in Practical Spirituality & Wellness
Helen has been coaching and mentoring at senior levels for over 20 years. She is an International Coach Federation Certified Coach and a registered psychotherapist. She holds an MSc in Responsibility in Business Practice and is an affiliate of Exeter University’s Centre for Leadership Studies Professional Network and a partner of Gameshift. Helen is the founder of Wise Goose School of Coaching.
Lady Diana Whitmore
Diana holds an MA in Education; she has founded and directed two successful charities: one that develops the Psychosynthesis training and educational outreach and another one that has addresses self-worth of socially excluded young people offering engagement and empowerment. Her passion for working with young people has moved with her to Scotland; she has created a similar programme for teenagers with challenging lives in “Growing 2gether” with Ecologia Youth Trust, based in Findhorn.
She is the author of two books, Psychosynthesis in Education: A Guide to the Joy of Learning and Psychosynthesis Counselling in Action.
Having practised psychosynthesis (a branch of positive psychology) for over 35 years, she has trained professionals throughout Europe, and consults on research and development of new projects in psychosynthesis. She is on the UKCP National Register of Psychotherapists, a BACP Accredited Supervisor and a founding member of the Association for Accredited Psychospiritual Psychotherapists.
Certification requires full participation in the six-day (40 hours) training and a further 20 hours of practice and reflection time. Successful candidates are accepted into the Wise Goose Advanced Diploma Programme.
Price includes six nights’ share twin room and board, course materials, learning support and assessment.
The completions certificate carries the Association of Coaching ‘Accredited Award in Coach Training’ and is endorsed by the ‘Institute of Leadership & Management’.
If required by Covid regulations to provide single accommodation, there will be a surcharge of £20/night added to final fees.
The higher fee helps support others to attend, the middle fee covers costs and enables course development, the low fee is the minimum cost of the course.
Locals contact [email protected]
A non-refundable £100 deposit is required upon booking for all applicants.
This is an intensive course; registration will be on the Saturday morning; there will be two evening sessions along side full days ( time out for meals and breaks : )