Crossfields Institute Level 3
- Gain a professional qualification integrating spirituality and health. Become equipped to offer person-centered and holistic spiritual support and pastoral care.
- Taught across four, four-day modules covering the history and relationship between spirituality and health; person-centered spiritual practice; developing reflective practice and spiritual care in practice.
- The course includes 90 contact hours. Peer support and self-directed study is encouraged between modules. Assessment is via a portfolio of reflective notes and mini-essays.
The Diploma in Practical Spirituality and Wellness allows you to explore and deepen your spirituality, learn about the demonstrable health benefits of spiritual practice and strengthen your ability to help others. Spirituality can be seen as a person’s natural connection with the wonder and energy of life, emphasising the healing of the person, not just the disease. It is the instinct to explore our experiences and their meaning. Taking a person-centered approach, the course will offer you practical strategies that can be shared with others and integrated into your current career. This diploma is accredited by Ofqual and welcomes students of all faiths and none. The course consists of four modules:
Module 1: Person Centred Spiritual Practice
- Summarise the common features of spiritual experiences and spiritual practices
- Explain own understanding of spirituality and spiritual practice
- Carry out own daily spiritual wellbeing practice
- Practice core skills of meditation
Module 2: Reflective Practice and Self-Awareness in the Context of Spiritual Development
- Summarise the elements, benefits and importance of reflective practice and self-awareness in the context of spiritual development
- Implement a regular practice of reflection and self-management
- Engage in reflective conversations with others about own developmental process
- Investigate how well your lifestyle and behaviours align with the Spiritual Companions Guidelines
Module 3: Science and Context
- Discuss the historical and cultural relationship between spirituality and medicine
- Summarise the evidence base for the health benefits of spirituality
- Describe key elements of spirituality and faith that can benefit physical and mental health
- Reflect on the benefits of spirituality for your own and another’s health and wellbeing
Module 4: Spiritual Care in Practice
- Prepare a safe and sacred space
- Lead an individual or small group into meditation
- Demonstrate whole body listening for a sustained period with an individual and a group
- Demonstrate the communication skills of spiritual companioning
- Explain the progression of and care for stages of spiritual emergency
Excellent course. I would certainly recommend it to others. A great grounding and foundation in coaching – really looking forward to doing more courses with this CollegeLiz, Diploma in Practical Spirituality & Wellness
Marilyn is a passionate leader who brings bold and inspired perspectives to her work with community leaders and engaged citizens seeking to generate a thriving future for their community. Among her many accomplishments is the ability to elegantly navigate complexity in its myriad manifestations – including the complex terrain of human development – an emergent yet essential capacity for 21st-century change leaders.Tam Lundy, PhD, Senior Associate, Canadian Self-Regulation Initiative, Beyond Complexity
Izzy Eileen Valenti
Izzy Eileen Valenti was originally trained as a general nurse and went on to work as a trainer and educator in the health and social care. She set up a successful Training and Consultancy Company supporting statutory and voluntary sector organisation in all aspects of staff training and development, with a particular focus on working with vulnerable adults and children.
She is also an experienced yoga teacher.
Izzy has been associated with the Spiritual Companions work since the beginning, and Tutors for their Practical Spiritual & Wellness courses.
John Abdey, a long term member of the Findhorn Foundation community having undertaken many roles in administration and education. He has been a dedicated student of meditation and the ageless wisdom for over 3 decades and teaches and mentors internationally. John has developed the knack of explaining complex ideas in simple and practical ways. He has recently become a Tutor for the Practical Spirituality and Wellness qualification.
- £2,750 (Residential)
- £1,250 (NFA / FF non residential )
Includes tuition and accreditation for all participants as well as accommodation and vegetarian meals for visiting guests
Participants must be 18 or over. While there are no formal academic requirements, relevant life and/or professional experience is a prerequisite. A relent CV is required as part of the application process. We are particularly keen that students demonstrate their emotional and spiritual health literacy and a welcoming attitude to diversity and self-management. You must be able to attend all four modules and be available for online contact in between.