24 March – 20 April 2018
26 May – 22 June 2018
25 August – 21 September 2018
Application and interview
Further opportunities at Findhorn
This unique and dynamic four-week course enables to improve your English, while integrating personal development with living in a spiritual community.
The course provides a stimulating learning environment, building language and socials skills, involving mind, body and soul.
Community life includes Service Learning opportunities within the Foundation's Living Education & Service departments - ie. kitchens, gardens and homecare.
The course is fully residential, encouraging you to directly practise what you learn in the lessons, as you communicate with others as part of community life.
Living in the community is a powerful transformative opportunity, which may bring positive changes and new friends into your life.
You will spend weekday mornings in a classroom setting, engaging with lessons that creatively develop your language and communication skills with an emphasis on listening and speaking in English. Afternoons and evenings provide a range of informal opportunities to practise, contribute and join in with community life, as well as self study and free time.
Key features of course content
* An introduction to the spiritual principles on which Findhorn community and ecovillage are based.
* Group-building exercises and the chance to share personal experiences
* Participation in practical aspects of community life in the gardens, kitchens, homecare, as service learning
* An introduction to different aspects of the ecovillage, such as the renewable energy systems, food production and eco-housing
* Participation in community-wide activities, celebrations, the arts, dance, meditation, music, sauna, hot-tub, classes and interest groups
* The opportunity to integrate into the community at mealtimes, and contribute weekly to the communal well being (eg helping on the kitchen clean-up rota & looking after your guest room)
* Time for self study to explore your own interests/ projects
* Weekly Outings to explore the local area
The course is taught by experienced and qualified teachers.
Our course is aimed for Advanced Beginners and Early Intermediates in English language skills. This course is suitable for participants who would not manage to engage successfully with Findhorn community life without English language support.
When you send us your Application form, we will write you to ask you 'meet' with one of our teachers via Skype, or a telephone call, for an interview.
In the interview, we discuss your course expectations and assess that your English language level is appropriate for our course.
Some knowledge of English is required for you to take part.
Can you ask for and understand directions?
Can you order in a restaurant?
Could you read a bus timetable?
Can you talk about where you live?
Findhorn Foundation College holds courses in two of the Foundation's premises:
We are located in the north of Scotland with easy access to public transportation.
This is a residential course.
Usually participants share twin rooms* whether at Cluny Hill in Forres, a renovated spacious Victorian Hotel; or, in guest bungalows at The Park, Findhorn.
Bathrooms are also shared with other guests.
Bed linen and towels are provided.
Meals are vegetarian.
There are guest laundry facilities, payphones, internet access in hot spots, a shop at The Park and a sauna at Cluny.
* If you would like a room on your own it may be possible; there will be an extra charge of 20 GBP/ per night (560 GBP for the 4 weeks. ) Single room can be requested; if available they will be paid for to Findhorn Foundation when you are here.
£2,800.00 / £2,500.00 / £2,250.00
The fee includes tuition, materials, food and accommodation.
The higher fee supports us to support others to attend, and the work of the College
The middle fee covers the course costs and enables course development
The low fee is minimum for us to provide the course.
Application and Interview
You can apply online
Your application will be reviewed by one of our teachers and we will write to you requesting an interview time to discuss your application - via Skype or telephone.
When your application is accepted, a £100. deposit will be requested to secure your place.
The remaining full fee is due six weeks prior to the course start date.
For further information email us on email@example.com.
Further opportunities at Findhorn
The four week Learning English in Community course is the equivalent to a 'Findhorn Foundation Experience Week' and enables interested participants to continue with Findhorn Foundation essential programmes