Your group visit to Findhorn Ecovillage can incorporate a range of activities, tours, and workshops that we tailor make, based on the type of attendees and your specific interests and requests. Findhorn College staff work with you to ensure your time here is aligned with your curriculum needs.
In addition to the activities outlined below, we can also arrange a suitable venue for you to organise your own tutorials or classes during your time here.
Group visits usually receive a comprehensive tour of The Park eco-village, which includes the following features:
- Unique ecological homes and community housing projects
- Moray Arts Centre
- Community-owned wind farm
- Organic working gardens
- Singing and meditation sanctuaries
- The Living Machine (ecological sewage treatment plant)
- Universal Hall (community event space)
- Hinterland community woodland, green burial area and sand dunes.
Findhorn College Field Study visits are brought to life through active engagement in the rhythms of the Findhorn Foundation and Community. Depending on the nature of your visit, you and your group may:
- Attend group singing and meditation sessions
- Try a traditional folk or circle dance
- Enjoy vegetarian meals in the Community Centre
- Participate in group projects that support community initiatives
- Join community members in one of our service departments (e.g: community kitchens, gardens, and areas of hospitality).
Talks & Workshops
The following talks and workshops are a sample of the range of topics we can cover with you. If there is something your group is interested in but is not on the list, please get in touch to ask. We invite the relevant speakers to come to meet your group as part of your visit. In general, the lectures/talks last around 1.5hrs, allowing time for questions and answers. The workshops last between half to a full day and include reflection and integration activities.
- Nature conservation/restoration work (e.g: tree planting)
- Sustainable community design workshop
- Deep Ecology workshop
- The history and development of Findhorn talk
- Introduction to the Global Ecovillage Network talk
- Local currencies talk
- The work of Trees For Life talk
- Community decision-making and governance talk
- Conflict Resolution and Nonviolent Communication talk
- Introduction to Permaculture talk
- Wastewater management and ecological sewage treatment talk
- Cifal Findhorn and Gaia Education talk
- Sustainable housing talk
- Renewable Energy systems talk.
After we receive the specific requirements for a visit, Findhorn College staff will design the optimum schedule that will deepen participant’s understanding and meaning of eco-village living.
The price of your visit depends on the length of your stay and activities on your itinerary. As an indication of cost:
- Small groups (up to 12 people) £30- £60 per person per day
- Larger groups (13+) £20 – £50 per person per day
Residential visits are also possible.