If you are an independent researcher wishing to conduct academic data collection at the Findhorn Ecovillage Community, Findhorn College’s application process will assess your needs, requirements and ideally confirm acceptance for you to visit.
By clicking on the ‘apply button’ at the bottom of this page you can introduce yourself and your research objectives to Findhorn College. You will be guided through an application process that will ask for your research proposal as approved by your supervisor which should include:
- the dates you wish to conduct your study
- the title of your study
- clearly stated research objectives
- your data collection method
- a list of topics/areas you would like community members to engage with
- a profile of the types of people you wish to interview (age, gender, profession, experience, length of membership etc.) and the number of people you want to interview
- A supporting document written by your academic advisor
- Your university or college’s research ethics policy that you have signed
- A photo of yourself
- If you are an international student outside the EU, please provide a scanned copy of your passport details and information about the relevant visa you are required to obtain
- A brief explanation of how you will fund your time here.
Please note there is a £100 application fee. Upon receipt of payment, we will then review your application and get in touch to discuss further details if necessary. If successful £75 of the application fee will be considered a deposit. If unsuccessful £75 will be returned to you.
If accepted a Skype chat will be arranged by our administrator for you to meet and discuss your proposal with a Findhorn College Research Advisor.
This Research Advisor will review the following requirements that you will be a asked to accept:
- Adhere to Findhorn College’s expectations regarding ethical conduct whilst collecting data whether engaging with Findhorn Foundation or College guests or members of the Findhorn Ecovillage community
- Be willing to provide community members with a copy of their interview audio and typed transcripts if requested
- Submit a copy of your findings to Findhorn College before your final written paper or visual media is submitted for approval by your University or disseminated publicly. This includes journal articles, paragraphs in books, visual media and final thesis.
- Where applicable be willing to share research findings and completed thesis in full with Findhorn Ecovillage via Findhorn College.
Together the College Administrator and Research Advisor will assist you in preparing for your visit as well as introduce your research enquiry to our community members prior to your arrival.